Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Catholic defends libertarianism

Only the Catholic in question is not me.  Because I'm still working things out.  I'm hoping to get a post together in awhile -- after I've finished reading Gaudium et spes -- that explains my own views.  Meanwhile, you will have to content yourselves with John's take on the question.  I think it's excellent.  I can't say whether or not I agree completely ... I have to finish working out my own ideas first.  (Because I do not borrow political ideas or any other sort of opinion wholesale from anyone, even if I'm married to them.  Believing the teachings of the Catholic Church wholesale is about as much of a leap of faith as any one person could be expected to make in one lifetime, I think.)

If you comment here, I'll give you my own answers, which might not be the same as what he'd say.  Or comment over there and talk to him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...