Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Promising news

I know I haven't finished my Regnum Christi story yet, but there are updates.  About a month ago, I got added to a Facebook group that was planning a reunion at my old school.  My main thought was "Go back there?  They'd have to drag me back dead!"  But I read on and found out that the school itself is closing.  Enrollment is way down.  The remaining girls are being sent elsewhere, to board at a "normal" school.

The upshot is that a lot of the girls finally got in touch with each other and we have a group to talk about our experiences.  Mine are by no means the worst I've seen.  They've started a blog to talk about them.  My own story got picked up by Life After RC, which is really exciting to me because it's a "big" blog compared to mine.  (If you've come over from there, click the "Regnum Christi" tag on the sidebar to get the whole story -- it starts at the bottom with part 1.)

Anyway, if you'd like to hear more stories like mine, you can go to the blog and read up.  I'm afraid it will make you want to go down and DO something about it -- but that seems to be done for us.  The school is closing and hopefully no one will ever have to suffer like we did again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...