Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

All moved in!

Well, our move on Saturday was successful.

If tiring.

We had a bunch of friends helping, so we were able not only to move all of our stuff, but unpack many of the boxes and put others in the attic. Though the usable space in this house is not large, there is tons of room in the attic for all those boxes of winter clothes, baby clothes, and books that were cluttering up our apartment before. Things look pretty tidy.

Waking up in the new house was strange; it still doesn't feel like our house. I need to take some time to rearrange my kitchen until it is just how I want it, some time to clean just a little more, and some time to relax around here so I start to feel comfortable.

The baby is sleeping on a mattress on the floor for now. I need to figure out how to keep him from rolling off it so much, or else put a soft comforter next to it so the wood floor doesn't wake him. I'm not going to put him in the crib, though: the one time I tried it, he woke right up and was quite annoyed! You can kind of see how low it is ... and seeing as I'm used to lying down with him for a bit when I put him down to sleep, it just wasn't going to work.

We didn't have time to paint his room ... though the color doesn't actually look this horrible in real life. I still don't know what color we'll end up doing. Maybe a soft yellow. Or sage. Or something.

We did do our room though! It looks amazing. Like the other room, the color here isn't exactly right; it's bluer in real life.


I still have to get our sailboat pictures framed ... the idea for this room is kind of a New England/sailing look. I'm going to have white curtains, perhaps with a blue motif on them. I plan to make them, but I will have to see what fabric I can find.

I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow. I have to drive John to the train, wait around for about an hour (probably catching daily Mass in that time), teach class, drive home, and then pick up John later. It's 40 minutes or so to the train (maybe a little less if he goes all the way to the end of the line? we will have to find out), so that's almost three hours of driving all told. With a baby. Every day. Once I'm done with work in three weeks or so, the amount of driving that has to be done will be much reduced ... but I'll be stuck within walking distance of home during the day. Luckily this area is pretty walkable.

I'm very glad to be moved in. And, I planted the rest of my tomatoes! Everything's in the ground now and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of results I get.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...